Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer Catch Up!

Issac's Baptism
Wow I have been the worst blogger! I am usually pretty good, but I never feel like there is time to blog. Well I will stop fighting it and give everyone an update of what we have been up to.

Earlier this month my nephew, Issac, was baptized. It was such a wonderful day! We are so proud of him for deciding to be baptized. I can't believe he is 8 already. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera at the church so I had to steal this picture from my brother's facebook. This is the entire clan (minus Andy-since he was taking the picture)

What a handsome boy!


After the baptism, we went to Kylee's house for goodies. It was so much fun to spend time with the entire family. We always have such a blast when we get together.
So my sister has a wide variety of animals at her house. She has two dogs, two cats (I think), a chameleon, the occasional muskrat, and now 6 chickens! Averie loves animals right now so she was thrilled to excited to meet a chicken for the first time. She wasn't scared at all. She actually kept trying to hold the chickens. They were bigger than she was!

I am not going to lie, I was pretty nervous about holding the chicken. I kept worrying it was going to freak out and try to get away. Lucky for me, her chickens are very tame.
When my family gets together it is a little bit of a circus with all the dogs. We have 6 dogs between all of us. It can get kind of crazy. Ryan kept them entertained though.
Averie found this scrub brush on the lawn. She would not give it up for anything. She freaked out every time I would try to grab it from her. Drama, drama, drama...

Here is a picture of my cute mama. She is getting so skinny.

So there are two things in this world that we are going to have to get for Averie after visiting my sis. The first thing is a trampoline.

Would you say she likes it? She thought it was the greatest thing ever. Maybe in a few years we will have to invest in one. The other thing she loved was the sandbox.

Caleb and her were having the time of their lives. Such cute kids!


A Slight Drizzle
So I am not sure if the weather this year has been extra crazy or if it just rains a lot harder in Herriman. All I do know is, that we have had some crazy storms! Our first week that we lived here, we had a huge storm and most of our dirt in the backyard ended up in the street!
You can't really tell from this picture, but this is a small river running through our backyard.
Oh and this lovely mess. This is where my grass used to be. Now it is covered in mud. Wonderful...
Oh the joys of being a homeowner.

Well I think that is a good update for now. I will try to update more often. I can't believe the summer is coming to an end. Time just flies by too fast!

No comments: