Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Someone is a little anxious in there

Last night Brian and I were a little bit reality slapped at how close I am to having this little girl. I started out my day like normal, got ready, went to work etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Well around 8 that morning I started getting some serious pain in my back. I didn't think too much of it, except it was getting worse and worse as the day went on. I found myself completely snapping at my coworkers. I couldn't focus on what they needed when all I could think about was this stupid pain in my back. Well I finally decided that I couldn't take it any more around 3:30 and headed home. I decided on my way home that I needed to stop at the doctor's just to make sure everything was ok. Well of course my doctor wasn't in that day, and so I didn't think anyone would tell me anything. One of the other doctor's nurses talked to me and decided that I needed to be seen. They hooked me up to a fetal stress monitor and discovered the reason for my pain.
Yup I was contracting...
Every two minutes...
Great...
I called Brian and told him that he better come and meet me because I needed to go to the hospital to have them stop the contractions. We checked into Labor and Delivery and spent the next 5 hours waiting for my contractions to stop. I was STARVING. I hadn't eaten since lunch and they wouldn't let me eat in case something happened. Well needless to say, we didn't have our little girl. But not without a good fight from her. It took a couple of doses of the terbutiline (however you spell it), to stop the contractions. Luckily, I am only dilated to a one so I don't think she is going to be coming anytime really soon..I hope! Here are some pictures of her from an ultrasound. You can't tell by the pictures, but she is such a little cutie! Brian thinks she looks like a koala bear and a carp...not very nice Daddy!
This is the 3d picture that they got. It was very hard to get a picture of her because she doesn't hold still long enough to capture anything. You can't really tell from the picture, but she is sucking her thumb.
This is the ONLY profile picture of her that we have. It is not great, but you can see those beautiful lips that she inherited from her daddy. I think she got Mommy's nose.Here you can see her eye is open. It was so crazy to watch her look around. I guess I just always thought their eyes were closed all the time. You can kind of see the pouty bottom lip. She is going to win over a lot of people with that look. It was amazing to see her in the Ultra Sound now compared to the last one we had 16 weeks ago. She actually looks like a baby and not an alien. I can't wait to meet her, but hopefully she doesn't try to come out again too soon. We still have our childbirth class to go to!

6 comments:

The Payne Family said...

Tell her to stay in there!!! We haven't had your baby shower yet!!! Goodness gracious!! I'm glad everything turned out well and that little baby Anderson is still in there cookin'. Silly baby!

Jobi Niu said...

Crazy Kellie!! Back labor SUCKS!! That's intense.. So exciting :)

Unknown said...

I think she's beautiful! I could see everything in the pics (of course, I know what to look for after 21 grandkids!). Welcome to the world of contractions...remember, each one is one less to go through! She's just getting in position for her trip. We're in Texas visiting grandkids and won't be back until the end of the month. I can't believe I'm missing your shower! We'll come by when we come home and drop off little one's gift. I'm soooo excited for you guys. You're going to love the whole process...really! Brian....a carp???...really!!! You'll change your mind when she comes. Love you guys.

Kimmy said...

How exciting! Emily was born the day I turned 34 weeks, so it could happen!

heidi said...

exciting and scary all and once.
glad she gets to be a part of you for a little bit longer.
your nursery is so cute, she is going to totally love it!

jayni & ben said...

Oh my gosh I would die. I mean I want my baby here.. But only when he is ready to come out and breath and stuff on his own with no worries. Good luck. Take it easy!!