Sunday, July 24, 2011

Life as we know it...

Is completely passing us by! I am usually pretty good about blogging, but things have been so chaotic lately. I can't believe July is almost over. I will try to do a few posts to get caught up, but for now I just wanted to post about this sweet girl!
Averie has been such a joy and at times, and others, a little stinker! She has really figured out how to test my patience lately. She was such a quiet easy baby. She is hitting her "terrible two" phase a little early! I know most of Averie's dilemma comes from the fact that life has been crazy the past month or two. With me starting my new job and moving, I am sure she has just felt out of sorts. Now that we are all moved in (well sorta), I'm sure she will calm down a little bit.

Averie has started talking a lot more lately. It is so adorable. Here is a video of her saying Thank you!

She doesn't quite get the concept, but at least she is polite! Averie says, "Dargen (Seargent), Up, All Done, Bear, Kitty, Doggy, Uh Oh, Mommy, Dadda, Papa, Baba". The rest of the things she babbles sounds like Chinese. When she plays she has entire conversations with herself. It is so crazy that she has her own little language.

We have been loving the summer with this little one. Last year we didn't do very much because she was still pretty young. I will post more about some of our adventures later, but here are some pics of some of the festivities.We were playing croquet at my parents house. Averie wanted to play too. Sitting on the back deck at my parents.Hanging out on the front yard in her swimming suit getting ready to go swimming. This girly loves to be in the pool.One of these days she will figure out how to make the zebra "go". She gets pretty frustrated unless you push her around.
I love this little girl so much. She's not a baby any more! Life just keeps getting better and better!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

She is SO adorable, Kellie! I hear you on the terrible two thing starting early, I think G started at 18 months. :) Looks like you are having a great summer!

Brooke Carroll said...

Such cute pictures!!!

Stephanie Salmon said...

I so know what you mean! Mckinley is not a baby anymore at all. She doesn't know nearly as many words as Averie. It's pretty much all just jibberish. I'm excited to see some more posts from you and to see your new place. I'm moving in 3 days to my parents house to live there while they go to China. Fun stuff! I love moving just because you get to dejunk everything :)

The Payne Family said...

You guys have definitely had a ton of changes lately. I know it's been exhausting for you but it's all fun changes... you get a new job and a new house! We are so happy for you guys! And little miss Averie is a doll. We love her so much and her funny little personality. She is growing up so fast!