Saturday, May 16, 2015

Two Months

Bryken is two months old and I can't believe how fast everything is happening.  He has nearly doubled his birth weight and he has grown almost five inches!  That is a lot of growing in only two months time.  He has changed so much and it does break my heart a little to see him grow up.  I take a picture every week to see how he changes and these are the pics from this month:
5 Weeks
6 Weeks
7 Weeks
8 Weeks

He gets more handsome every week that goes by!
My favorite milestone that Bryken hit this month was SMILING.  He started really smiling around 6-7 Weeks.  At first we would barely catch it on the camera, but now he seems to be smiling constantly.  I just adore his smile!  It is so dimply all around.  When he first started to smile it was sort of a half smile.


But as time went on, he got the hang of it.


His favorite person to smile at?  Of course that would be Averie.  He just adores her and she can get him to smile all the time.



I just hope they stay best friends!


Bryken also discovered his tongue this month.  He sticks it out constantly.  It is the cutest.



He has started using Averie's old Bumbo.  He might not appreciate that I mad him use a purple Bumbo, but he loves sitting in it and doesn't even care it's purple.


It also comes in handy at bath time.  I am trying to find a bath seat for him, but until I do, the Bumbo is working out great!


Bryken finally likes his binkie.  He would never really take the hospital style binkie so we thought it was going to be a lost cause since that is the only binkie that Averie would take.  He really likes the Nuk binkies and they are the only kind he likes.  With all the hospital binkies lying around, Averie has put them to good use.


Sleeping through the night has not really improved much for this little guy.  We have been co-sleeping and bed sharing since day one pretty much.  He doesn't sleep much longer than 2 hours at a time.  He just loves to EAT! I know that this can't last forever so I am just trying to soak up our snuggle time.


I would like to mention that he naps great during the day.  Stinker...




One thing that has helped is this glowworm that my mom bought him for Easter.  Averie has one too and she has always loved it.  It will put Bryken to sleep so it is working wonders for him too.  Now if only it would make him STAY asleep.


He especially likes my K'Tan Wrap.  He sleeps like and angel when he is in it.


My least favorite milestone that Bryken hit this month is rolling over.  When he was 6 weeks to the day, he started rolling from his stomach to his back.  I was up at my sister's house and I decided it would be a good idea to try to do some tummy time.  He flipped right over.  I thought it was a fluke and flipped him over.  He did it again and again.  I guess we are going to have to keep our eyes on this one!

My favorite thing about having a boy is the "little man" outfits.  With girls, it's all about the bows and dresses.  With this little man, it's all about the button ups and vests.  I am going to figure out how to make some bow ties too.  I can't wait to get him all handsomed up.




I just love this little buddy of mine.  He has been the greatest joy in our home.  He has such a sweet personality and is my little cuddle bug.



No comments: