Sunday, November 8, 2015

Happy Halloween

This year was such a fun Halloween!  When I asked Averie what she wanted to be for Halloween it was no surprise that she wanted to be a My Little Pony, specifically Fluttershy.  I decided that we would make a theme of it and all go as characters from the show.  Well all of us, except Brian.  There aren't many daddy My Little Pony characters.

Bryken got to be Spike the dragon and I was Twilight Sparkle.



These Halloween costumes were harder to throw together than I thought.  I love to make Averie's costume every year and I wanted to do the same for Bryken.  I found an adorable costume for Bryken on Pinterest and it even had a link to the pattern.  Unfortunately, the company discontinued the pattern.  I thought that maybe I could just find some lavender pajamas and make the costume that way.  It is amazing that when you have something specific in mind how impossible it is to find.  I could not find a single pair of plain lavender pajamas!  This was also true for Averie.  I wanted some pale yellow sweats.  Apparently both of those colors are hard to come by!  I finally gave up on making Bryken's costume and just bought the costume from the Pinterest lady's Etsy shop.  I am so glad that I did.  It turned out perfect and no stress of making it!  I did make Averie's and my costume so I felt at least a little crafty.

Isn't this wig perfect?  Averie had so much fun with her long pink hair.






Bryken was not thrilled about being a purple dragon.  His costume was so cute but he didn't want to give me any smiles.  He was still a cute crabby dragon.






Averie was able to get a little smile out of him, but this was really it for the night.



Much too interested in that terrible grass to look at the camera and smile.



How cute is he?!



I just love these two.






My parents were able to come up to see the kids and guard our house to pass out candy.  I am so glad they were able to make it.  It breaks my heart that they are moving to Arizona soon and this is probably the last Halloween that they will get to see the kiddos.  


I love this time of year.  Bring on the Holidays!

No comments: