Sunday, September 18, 2011

Finishing up the Summer

The past couple of weeks we have been trying to get the most out what is left of the summer. We have had a blast. We went to Red Butte Gardens with our friend, Wade, and his two kiddos. If you have never been, you should make the trip to Salt Lake and check it out. It was so neat. It is such a nice little walk and there are so many different types of plants to look at. They had all the different trees and flowers labeled. It gave me some great ideas for our yard. What a fun day! We had to take a picture of the kiddos on a moose. Averie was a little hesitant at first, but once she was up there, she didn't want to get down.

I really liked that the gardens kept kids in mind. They had a separate Children's Garden and fish pond. Averie loved feeding the fish and playing in the fountains.

I tried to upload some more pictures of her at the fountains, but it wasn't working so just enjoy the video of her instead. She was having the time of her life!


Yesterday my mom and I took Averie and my nephews, Issac and Caleb to the Zoo. It was Averie's and Caleb's first trip to the zoo. They absolutely loved it!

They loved this crazy monkey. The animals put on a good show. Usually when I go to the zoo, the animals are always sleeping. It was the perfect weather and they were all awake and running around.
We loved the elephants!


But most of all, the kids loved the monkeys the most.

Here is how Issac compares to the apes.


Here are the camels and tigers.



We had to get a picture with the lion drinking fountain.

My favorite animal by far was the giraffe.

Averie loved the "kitties". She kept trying to grab them through the glass.

The two kiddos riding on the wood horse.


To finish our trip at the zoo, Averie picked out this tiger. She literally would not let it go. Every time I tried to put it back, she freaked out. We are going to have a problem with this one.

Would you say no to this cutie though?
I hope everyone is having a great summer! I know we are!

2 comments:

The Payne Family said...

Looks like you guys had a blast at the zoo. I definitely want to go next year when I think Easton will care a bit more :) Oh and I LOVE Averies bangs! So cute!!! She is does look very grow up. Where has time gone?? So darling!

Dogmom Diva said...

Looks like a great time had by all.oh and that is exactly how we ended up with a truckload of stuffed animals for charity a few years ago!

love, Auntie